Founded in 2011 by owner Lindsay Prather, Jitterbug Performing Arts uses music, dance, and performance to challenge students, build confidence and ignite the imagination.
- Join a family, not a factory
- Build confidence and curiosity
- Be authentic, not afraid
- Imagination + innovation
- Process vs. Performance
- Explore different art forms
- Develop technique + discipline
- Build lasting Friendships
- Journey > End result
- The best staff in town, ask anyone!
why performing arts?
- Teaches life skills such as developing an informed perception; articulating a vision; learning to solve problems and make decisions; building self-confidence and self-discipline
- Builds communication skills, co-operation, body control, and creative thinking abilities
- Stimulates and develops the imagination, and refines cognitive and creative skills
- Impacts the developmental growth of every child and has proven to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries
- Strengthens problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, adding to overall academic achievement and school success
- Develops a sense of craftsmanship, quality task performance, and goal setting-skills needed to succeed in the classroom and beyond
- Nurtures important values, including team-building skills; respecting alternative viewpoints; and appreciating and being aware of different cultures and traditions
Skills acquired do not disappear when a child steps off the stage, they are skills for life.